Kingston Community House and COVID-19
Kingston Community House at 99 York is currently open for bookings. For the safety of everyone who accesses the house, we ask that you abide by some special protocols in light of COVID-19:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while inside the house. For more information on what constitutes a suitable face covering, we encourage you to consult the KFLA Public Health website.
- Please wipe down all frequently-touched surfaces with the disinfectant and paper towels we have provided in the house. Pay special mind to all door handles, light switches, and hard-surfaced furniture.
- We ask that you abide by social distancing recommendations and leave a space of at least 2 metres between yourself and others. After having measured the two meeting spaces, we believe it is possible for 10 people to socially distance in the living room, for 3 people to do so in the kitchen, and for 3 people to do so in the downstairs board room. However, you may be able to accommodate more people if some members of your group live together or are otherwise “bubbled.” We are currently only booking one group in the house at a time, so as to allow for adequate social distancing to occur.
- Please note that we also have a backyard that users are welcome to utilize if they prefer to meet outside.
- We ask that groups do not use the kitchen to prepare food and beverages.
- Due to decreased usage of the house in light of COVID-19, we are currently not providing wireless internet or telephone. We encourage you to reach out to us if this poses a barrier for you or others in your group.
For more information on best practices, we ask that you consult the KFLA Public Health website, and abide by the guidelines set out therein.
We look forward to having you at the house, and encourage you to reach out to use if you have any further questions or concerns!